BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any areas around Port Hardy that you can catch pacific cod? If they are available where and how would you go about targeting them? Any help or info would be appreciated. Thanks! tfish

· Registered
338 Posts
I have never really thought about targeting these guys. When I was a kid we used to get quite a few fishing a mud-bottom bay on live herring. But that is way south of hardy. Why do you want these guys? Are they delicious?

· Registered
1,989 Posts
As a kid i used to catch pacific cod up in prince rupert while fishing in the chuck, but they were always mixed in with the ling's. rock cod ect... Never really found a bunch in one place at one time try googling it and see what you find on how to catch pacific cod sportfishing?

CK

· Registered
815 Posts
The only time I've caught these guy on an almost constiant basis was around the north Georga Stairt or Salish Ocean. Mostly around 140' to 200' on a sandy bottom, the best spot was around Gorge Harbor but we did catch on in the 20lb range off the light house at Campbell River - it bent the shank of a No. 1 hook. Asided form sparatic encounters and places they are pretty few and far between. However, they catch them in traps on the Deadliest Catch or at least the one boat skipper by Sig does.
have fun, Jason.

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love the show! Wouldn't like to be out on the boat in the weather they face. Did catch some on a charter out of Westport Wa. about 50 miles offshore in about 400 feet of water. Took one home and it was very good table fare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.