BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks ,My son and I are heading up Port Hardy this July (very excited).

We have been to Prince Rupert and to Uculet and we had a great time at both. I take my boat up from Edmonton so I usually rely on some pointers from some of you that are a little more familiar with the area than a couple of prairie boys.

I have downriggers and heavy hali rods so I'm looking for some (general) areas to fish for hallibutt and some yelloweye.

I have not done any crabbing or prawning but I bought traps for both, any suggestions where I might drop these.

Thanks in advance

Doug and Michael

p.s I did buy some maps of the area.

· Registered
1,437 Posts
Conan,

There are a great number of posts here already about fishing in Port Hardy. Just use the seach feature at the top of the page and type in Port Hardy. I'm pretty sure you'll get all the info you want. If you have a specific question no covered please ask and I (and I'm sure others) will do our best to answer it.

GOFISH 8)

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Checfk your personal messages by clicking "my messages " in the dark blue heading at the top of the page......Message sent.....Welcome to the BCFR forum!..............Ortho

· Registered
1,437 Posts
Here's a link to a site that provides some real good info on Port Hardy ...

http://www.salmonuniversity.com/index.html

Just click on "British Columbia" then "Port Hardy". The information is very accurate. As for Crabs/Prawns I would probably drop my traps out front of the airport in 200 - 250 feet of water or so.

And sorry ...... I didn't notice it was your first post ..... welcome to the forum!!!

GOFISH 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.