BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a week in Rennie with my oldest son. This was my first trip over there, so it was a learning experience. To sum it up, the spring fishing was slow. Not a lot coming in, and most weren't that large that I did see landed. The Coho fishing just started to heat up the last couple of days before we left. We did very well on the Coho out in 600 ft of water off Camper creek. All hit hoochies on a fast troll between 40-90 ft deep on the riggers. The hottest rig was a purple haze hoochie behind a p/h flasher at 60ft. Other hoochies were working well too, we finished with a quadruple header, and then headed back to pack up camp. As we figured that was the perfect note to finish the trip on. Enjoyed the stay at Port Renfrew marina, and I'm sure we'll be back again.

·
Registered
266 Posts
like everywhere else it seems we are all waiting for the big ones to show up, good to see some coho though as they have been thin so far too. Now that people are returning home after the summer, maybe the cinnamon buns at the cook shack won't be sold out at 5:00 am.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts