Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never fished there!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! We are heading out to Port Renfrew mid-September and wondering if anyone has suggestions for flashers/lures? & best areas? for Salmon :confused: Been there before on a friends boat but this is our maiden ocean voyage on our own boat! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
:beerchug:
CHEERS

·
Registered
37 Posts
Coho should still be going strong out front mid sept... try all the usual for those. Also- you should go to the mouth of the san juan, and take the forestry service road up to the fairy lake campsite. if you can get a canoe or something up there, try heading across the lake to the small chanel that attaches to the river. right there, is the hatchery, which sits on a giant pool in a bend in the river. there should be loads of fish in there right now. try roe sacks, or small gold spoons, retreived really slow across the bottom of the river..... big springs, nice chrome coho's! gotta release em all, but fun to catch!

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
No roe over here :naughty:....

Lots of fun with the coho's 20+ lbs they should be in the bay or just outside the harbour...

The bears are getting a little p***y over there, there was a attack last night at the marina, it jumped on the guys boat!! :eek: It was a problem bear and was killed by a few fishermen yielding gafts and a hammer was eventually knifed... The guy was hurt but ok... should be on the news tonight

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=a7fd4848-1868-44bf-a5f7-8e2cfe045b57

·
Registered
515 Posts
Had an experience like that a few years ago but not that bad, I was going down the river and in the middle of the river (low tide about 4 ft) was a black bear, I thought it was a small one but when I got up to it about 10 feet away it decided to stand up and take a look at me, well he was a big bugger. I couldn't turn around in the river (small river) so I had to put in reverse , lucky the bear wasn't interested in me , other than to scare me which he fricken did :eek:

When your at renfrew marina, watch out because what you think in the dark "is a dog" ............. might just not be MANS BEST FRIEND :eek:

Cape R
PS Also saw one morning 6 hugh elk and lots of Otters playing on the docks, what a place to go and see the wildlife !!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
1.) go out toward the can in the center of the bay.
2.) keep going until you are in 500 feet of water.
3.) put you 5" cop car spoon without flasher at 20' on downrigger.
4.) reel in 18+ pound northern coho.
5.) repeat as needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.