BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what everyone here takes with them on their favorite stillwater trips to keep up with the hatches...? I've put a little something together, but it's still a work in progress...

Show us what kits you take with you, maybe it'll give the rest of us some ideas... :thumbup:

· Registered
1,660 Posts
My kit pretty much fits into one of those old two-tone Plano tackle boxes that was so popular in the chuck. All the threads, floss, tinsel (pretty much anything on a spool) fit nicely on the swing out slotted trays. The tools are easy to organize there too. Big stuff like capes and tails and vice go on the bottom.

It's great to be able to just grab this box and go knowing I have everything I need to tie all the freshwater staples that I may encounter.

· Registered
327 Posts
In the shops you see these wooden boxes for materials and using as a vise base.
They are rather expensive but, well constructed.
Has anyone seen any plans or have any plans for building them?
I would like to try to do it but, also I would like to customize it to my likings.
Thanks in advance for any help.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
im with Stone all my tying stuff is in a big tackle box. mine is still a work in progress though also and its damn near full already :happy: :happy: guess i will need 2 or one huge one :beerchug:

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, well... Here's what I put together...Started with an old wine crate...Cost me nothing, besides the fly cushion under the lid, and...the bottle of scotch of course... ;)

Here's the profile...

Open the lid...

Set up the vice and bring out the tools...

Just so happens I'm leavin' the two hander at home this weekend and tying up some jigs...

Just need to put two soft rope handles on either side, and a small latch on the lid...That, and find a decent place to store the rocks glass...
;)

:cheers:

ribby

· Registered
1,484 Posts
mcallagan said:
I would like to try to do it but, also I would like to customize it to my likings.
Is this what you're talking about?

· Registered
327 Posts
11th Warrior said:
mcallagan said:
Is this what you're talking about?
Not really. The box lid folds down and looks like an attache case. Like Ribwarts but with many compartments, piano hinge at the back and a place to secure your vise.
I can't find a pic anywhere right now but will post it if I do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.