BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to princeton for the weekend. First time fishing the area. Would like to hit a good lake one day and a river one day any suggestions. I'm not sure if my sister and her husband who live there actually know what great fishing is all about. They are more casual. I'm more hardcore.
Any help appreciated. I'll be sure to post about my experience in the area.

Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Two suggestions...First is to look into Osprey Lake. I've been there once before (in the spring) and liked it. Reasonable sized trout, and the lake is suitable for both trolling and fly fishing. The other is Missezula Lake. While I've never been there before both fishing tackle store guys in Merritt have very good things to say about it (Missezula is between Merritt and Princeton, closer to Princeton I believe). My only concern is the with the hot weather I'm really not sure productive the lakes would be right now.

Let us know how it went upon your return.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Fishin,

I'm going up there this Saturday for a week.

I've fished it twice in the past two years. Great scenic lake, with other lakes close by. Spoke to a friend who just got back from there. Fishing is OK in Osprey, Chain lake smaller trout (30 in two hours). Link lake, nearby, just so -so.

I'll PM you privately as to where I'll be. Would welcome another BCFR'r.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good SD :peace:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'll be staying @ Osprey this weekend as well...bringing my FishCat. I'll be dropping into the B&B there to find out what the hot fly is right now. This trip is more of a hang out and get wobbly :drunk: kinda trip, but I hope to fish in the mornings and evenings. See ya on the water! Cheers! -Nathan in NW

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I'm up at Osprey and I see a guy in a fishcat I'll be sure to scream at ya :happy:

·
Registered
477 Posts
fishin30 said:
If I'm up at Osprey and I see a guy in a fishcat I'll be sure to scream at ya :happy:
Hey man...It's a 4 foot blue one. I'll be sure to have some beers stashed in the tube...say 'ello and have a pop with me and my buddy! Cheers! -Nathan in NW

ps. What will you be fishing out of?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.