BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the breaking news that B.C. will be under a province wide bait ban to be implemented June 1st of this year 2006. For envirmental reasons is their take on it. I smell trouble a brewing!

Hotrod

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You good buddy!
It's too bad you didn't give it more time for some takers!

Hotrod

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think he is!

Hotrod

·
Registered
517 Posts
who me? nope. no joke. i extremely rarely use bait. when float fishing (rare) i use wool. sometimes i use spoons. 97% of the time thopugh i use fly. on lakes i use nothing but fly.

·
Registered
517 Posts
lol. ok ok, i admit, i have been known to use roe once or twice when the water was not "fly-able" and i admit to bottom bouncing for sockeye and springs on the fraser. i ain't no purist, but really i wouldn't be too choked about a bait ban.
cheers.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
if there was a province wide bait ban just think of the older fisherman that bar fish the lower fraser who can't make it to rivers like the vedder and so on! all they got is fishing the bottom with roe! and the total take home catch on the fraser for coho is nothing in compairison to what we all take outta the vedder,harrison,norrish,chehalis and so on! Bar fishing is all they got it would be a shame if that were to ever happen and i hope it don't for i fish the fraser myself for coho in oct,nov......

C.K.

·
Registered
318 Posts
remember when you were a little kid fishing with a worm/bobber?thats where it all starts.thats our next gen. anglers,buying lisences and supporting hatchery programs so we can enjoy the fishery we take advantage of every day.theres a big push to introduce young kids to fish.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
This is a completely pointless discussion. Read Bill Otway's column in this month's BC Outdoors Sport Fishing magazine. Environment Minister Barry Penner has announced that there will be no province wide bait ban and further there will be no region wide bait ban in regions 1 and 7. All future bait bans will have to be justified on a stream-by-stream basis and all proposals will have an open dialogue with the angling community.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For crying out loud guys it was a joke! I catch a ton of fish on bait and know a whole wack of people who swear by it. ..........C'mon guys chill out and let the thread go, it was for April fools and hopefully a good laugh.So much fir that idea1

Hotrod

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Hey Hotrod.........I thought it was pretty good considering you only got to first base with the first post, but it got 20 hits after that!.......so a home run was declared later!!........Ortho

1 - 19 of 19 Posts