BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we went back to the Turks and Caicos Islands again this year, hoping for a repeat of last years vacation and it didn't disapoint. This time we left the kids at home ( they were not impressed ) and went withe some friends. We also only went for 8 days this year and found it just wasn't enough time, a great getaway but just not long enough. So to the fishing, during our stay we had a heat wave hit the Islands with over night temps sitting at 28c and afternoon temps of 32c-36c it was very warm on the flats. Our timing could have been better as we were there during a full moon and I found that I didn't see near the numbers of large bones as I had last year, still lots of bones but average size was 2-3lbs unlike the 4-6lb I seen last year. I also found that I seen much larger sharks on the flats this year, some as large as 8 feet. Spent every morning regardless of the tides out on different flats arround the islands and on a couple of days really dialed in. Landed lots of yellowtail, blue runners and cuda everyday and my best bonefish day seen me bring to hand about ten fish one morning. Next year we are going to take the kids again and go for three weeks, that way i can spend a couple of full days working the proper tides. My camera took on a little water on day 2, so all our photos were taken on my buddies camera, I will post follow up pics as soon as I get them.

Cheers Bill

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey Pg

Sounds like you had a blast again. I can't tell you how much I want to get down there and try that kind of fishing. Oh one of these days..

CP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts