Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK pub night in Vancouver is set for Sat Nov 5. Now all we have to do is decide on a
location. I have listed 10 of the most mentioned Vancouver watering holes to be voted on
in a poll. Please vote only if you plan on attending, and you may only vote once. Poll will
run for one week. Majority decides.

- The Local (Across from Kits Beach)
- The Wicklow, old Stamps Landing Pub. (South side False Creek near Cambie)
- Burrard Bridge Bar, "The Pirate Pub". (North side False Creek, Burrard St.)
- Cactus Club (Yaletown)
- Huricanne Grill (Yaletown)
- Original Joes pub (Cambie & Broadway)
- Steamworks pub (Coal Harbour)
- Mahony & Sons (Coal Harbour)
- The Mill Bar & Bistro (Coal Harbour)
- Bridges Rest (Granville Island)

Let's get this party going. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Hey BG....just on a side note; what time are we thinking? Something around 4pm or 7pm?

I just checked and the Canucks don't play that night so that should help "crowds" for a Saturday.

The Mill is not the easiest from the Skytrain if I recall correctly where the train goes downtown.

One thing we need to bear in mind is if these places are set up for a group of 20....where guys can stand around and talk as opposed to be planted in their seats. If I recall correctly Milestone's is mostly booths with a very small bar area.

For me.....I would say either Local....or even the Wicklow (has lots of room to move around).

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Just a few points for people to bear in mind about a few of these places if you haven't been.

- The Local (Across from Kits Beach) Great location and they should be able to accomodate for a group of up to 20.(damnfish also has an "in")
- The Wicklow, old Stamps Landing Pub. (South side False Creek near Cambie) Lots of room to move about...it has 2 floors and never seems to be overly busy when I have cruised by there on the seawall.
- Burrard Bridge Bar, "The Pirate Pub". (North side False Creek, Burrard St.) No idea....haven't been there but is that the old Anderson's building?
- Cactus Club (Yaletown) Will be crowded....and is pretty cramped if people want to move about very much.
- Huricanne Grill (Yaletown) Haven't been....not sure what room this used to be.
- Original Joes pub (Cambie & Broadway) A little bit more spacious....easy for skytrain....not much of a view except for the Skytrain station, LuluLemon Store but a quick waltz down the street to Pacific Angler! ;)
- Steamworks pub (Coal Harbour) Haven't been in years so can't comment on the layout and if they are "booths" like Milestone's or can build to suit.
- Mahony & Sons (Coal Harbour) Big open room.....lots of space....tables can be moved all over the place too.
- The Mill Bar & Bistro (Coal Harbour) I remember this being a bit small and "may" be tight to get space if they don't take reservations.
- Bridges Rest (Granville Island) The bar side is pretty decent....lots of space to move around; it likely won't be overly busy on a night in November.

Let's get this party going.

Yes....let's get this party going.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Pip.

Not really sure for a time, 4-5ish sounds about right I guess. I included the Cactus Club because some guys wanted Yaletown locations. Common sense should dictate, no point in voting for a place that doesn't suit a group gathering.

·
Registered
1 Posts
False creek bars are all surrounded by salt water and beautiful "scenery". What more do you want? A good compromise as most of us don't live on the west side.
I plan to moore overnight somewhere nearby. No driving required and maybe a day on the water to boot.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Poll is now closed. The winner is "The Local" by Kits Beach. Please do not make further posts on this thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.