BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading down to the DR for a couple weeks in january and was curious if any BCFR members have any experience fishing the beaches of Punta Cana or Bavaro? I will be packing a couple fly rods along and plan on doing a little fishing everyday, just looking for a little info on what to expect.

Thanks Bill

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There can be some long winters up north here, so winter holidays are somewhat mandatory. This next few months will be kind of exceptional, I have a buddy getting married in Punta Cana, and in March we are taking the kids to see Mickey down in Florida (Mosquito lagoon redfish :happy:). This coming spring is going to be hard on the annual vacation and the pocket book, hopefully it won't cut to deep into my fall steelie trips.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dog, I think most of the wedding party will be chartering a boat for a day, which will entertain most, however hunting for some inshore fish is more to my liking. I have been told that the Dominicans do catch and keep absolutely anything they can, but that won't defer me, just being on the beach or flat in the morning and evening with my flyrod in january sounds a little bit OK!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I have been corresponding with Mike, I was sniffing arround the DR1 site for local guides who work inshore areas and he responded. I think he will be the charter we take with the wedding party. He was saying that january is primetime for mahi mahi, as bestman I am just hoping that groom gets into some while we are out, apparently they get some very large fish in the 70 pound range. Punta Cana defenitely seems to cater more to the pelagic crowd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.