BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Qualicum river. any news? i'm going over for my 20yr and am going to bag a sunday fish w/ a friend who lives in Nanimo.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good luck finding a spot to cast from......even if you do find a spot all that is in there is chum and old springs.......hardly any coho yet...I was up there today and it was a gong show.....go to the puntledge in courtenay....everything is open there and there are a lot of bright chum and the occasional coho.
Family_man

·
Registered
172 Posts
No everything isnt open. The coho is non retention due to extremely low water levels and there are next to no fresh fish in the system.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just got back from the puntledge yesterday there is lots of chum in there and i didn't see anything saying that coho was closed in there....there is a lot of people there though.

G

·
Family_man said:
I just got back from the puntledge yesterday there is lots of chum in there and i didn't see anything saying that coho was closed in there....there is a lot of people there though.
There is a post on the message board, saying no retention of coho until further notice. It started from 18 of this month.

I was there on 17, quite dissapointed with the notice. Any way, there are a lot chum and chinook.

I have to say, it is the most exciting river spot in my fishing experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts