BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Masset Inlet to Cape Edenshaw.

Chinook 18 -25 lbs and Coho 3 - 6 lbs approx. 20 hookups in a 8 hr day. Fish seem to be holding in 80 - 140 ft of water at a 45 - 60 ft depth.

Bret

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ran east of the inlet today, commonly referred to as OPs (beacuse of the military base). Trolled the bottom and picked up both Chinnook and Halibut, nothing big 15 lb butts and 20 lb springs. Lots of hookups everyone was happy.

Bret

·
Registered
101 Posts
Fish seem to be holding in 80 - 140 ft of water at a 45 - 60 ft depth.
That's what I've been doing wrong!!! I need to fish deeper than what the bottom shows on my sounder!!!

Thanks for posting. I'm leaving for the general area on July 1 and I was wondering if any where left.

·
Registered
784 Posts
That's what I've been doing wrong!!! I need to fish deeper than what the bottom shows on my sounder!!!

Thanks for posting. I'm leaving for the general area on July 1 and I was wondering if any where left.
Might want to take one more read...makes sense to me. ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I gotta get me some of those balls...

I am kinda new to the terminology. Fished for salmon for the first time last year - learned what I could from reading books, watching a few videos, and asking newbie questions on this forum. I actually caught fish too! I believe that my fishing technique improves the genetics of the fish I catch 'cuz I only catch the really dumb ones.

My boat will not reach Masset and $900 for the ferry is a bit steep for me (drove there with a travel trailer 2 yrs ago - fascinating place!), so chase a few fish east to the mainland please.

Gord

1 - 6 of 6 Posts