BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
I haven't personally fished it yet, but have always wanted to. Try fry patterns. Vary your sizes. Bucktails in silver, green, white, blue, olive, and combinations of those colors. In the spring and early summer, try around the river mouths, quick retrieves. If you're fishing gear, it's all usually heavy gear, trolling. Kwikfish, apex, spoons any type of fish style lure or plug...

Some big fish in there...This time of year there should be good concentrations of fish around the river mouths and along the cliff faces looking for salmon fry. Try around the inflow of the Horsefly. Check your regs though, likely special restrictions.

Let us know how you do.

:cheers:

rib

· Registered
143 Posts
I'll be up there next week. That lake is huge and has huge fish in it. Like Rib said fry patterns, with a hint of yellow. The Horsefly R. has a good hatch of Socks and the fry should be on the move. You must release the "Big bows" but they are screamers. Don't put your rod down or you may loose it. There are also some healthy Lakers in the depths, not as big as the ones in the Alouette though. ;) We have taken some big Lakers on big swim baits not far off the bottom. I've tied a whack of big bucktails to drag behind small flashers on the down riggers and I'll post an update when We get back.

Baiter

· Registered
143 Posts
The Horsefly R. was running High and Dirty, not a lot of fry around. There was a Tonne of water in the Lake and it was still rising. Fishing was spotty but we found a few Rainbows, Lakers, and Koks. Got into some good dry fly action on the Quesnel R. in Likely. A good hatch of Stone Flies and lots of small grey Moths that the 'Bows were smashing on the surface.

:beerchug:

Baiter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.