BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for at least one day of guiding for Quesnel Lake in late July for trophy bows and chars. Seems like Elysia resort's guide isn't interested because they don't have downriggers. I suggested I could bring my own gear but got no return email. I'm guessing the guides for this lake would be in Horsefly or Williams lake. Perhaps the guide likes flyfishing but still that would be a fulls day work at a very decent rate of pay in perfect surroundings. That's getting pretty picky.

I do have questions for anyone "gear" fishes that lake. Will be there for a week.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'll be at the Elysia resort...they have boats for rent...16 ft lifetimers with 50 hp engines...but I wonder if they are big enough for that lake.
Should be no problem with the Lifetimer but I have been in 6ft whitecaps there before.The East arm is hard to get off of if the wind picks up.The north arm has lots of bays to hide in.The cliffs at Quartz mountain on the east arm would be a goto place on a calm day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.