BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about fish mortality. I have been barfishing for a long time. And I have ALWAYS tipped my hooks with roe or some kind of bait. I deep hook alot of the fish I catch. If I removed the bait would the deep hook ratio go down?

·
Banned
48 Posts
Well I fish artificals i little more then I do bait, and I can say Iv never seen a fish swallow the artificals. But I have hooked fish with broken leaders hanging out of there mouth, and during the internal surgery I have found everytime to be a bear hook.....BAIT. But when you are still hooking fish that have 2 inch pieces of hard plastic, 8 inch worms, pens and paintballs in there stomachs and still pulling on It makes yeah wounder. ???

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
BigFisher said:
Well I fish artificals i little more then I do bait, and I can say Iv never seen a fish swallow the artificals. But I have hooked fish with broken leaders hanging out of there mouth, and during the internal surgery I have found everytime to be a bear hook.....BAIT. But when you are still hooking fish that have 2 inch pieces of hard plastic, 8 inch worms, pens and paintballs in there stomachs and still pulling on It makes yeah wounder. ???
Just because its a bare hook doesn't mean that it was BAIT. Ive hooked many fish on artificials, land the fish, and my artificial is missing. So what does that mean? The fish ate the artificial? Or that it ripped off during the fight? If the leader breaks more than likely the artificial is gonna slide off too.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I jump at any opportunity to create anticipation Sean_Salmon... ;) Hopefully I don't disappoint. :eek:

It will however be a while yet, as I have steaks on the bbq to tend to before I work on the last few stages of edits...please be patient... ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.