BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is page 6 "under 16" portion of liscenses

IF YOU ARE UNDER 16 AND A RESIDENT OF BC
You may sportfish without any license or stamp(you must abide by the regulations)
you do NOT need to be accompanied by a licens4e holder
you are entitled to your own quota of fish

does the first statement mean that if you are under 16 and a resident of bc you can fish classified water without a classified waters license? even though on page 8 it says

"All anglers are required to buy a basic angling license must also purchase a classified waters license before fishing on a stream during the period when it is classified"

or that they could fish for steelhead without a conservation surcharge stamp?

can somebody help me out here or am I going to have to hire a lawyer :p

cheers:cheers:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
steelhead101 said:
here is page 6 "under 16" portion of liscenses

IF YOU ARE UNDER 16 AND A RESIDENT OF BC
You may sportfish without any license or stamp(you must abide by the regulations)
you do NOT need to be accompanied by a licens4e holder
you are entitled to your own quota of fish

does the first statement mean that if you are under 16 and a resident of bc you can fish classified water without a classified waters license? even though on page 8 it says

"All anglers are required to buy a basic angling license must also purchase a classified waters license before fishing on a stream during the period when it is classified"

or that they could fish for steelhead without a conservation surcharge stamp?

can somebody help me out here or am I going to have to hire a lawyer :p

cheers:cheers:
On page 8 of the regulations it states ""All anglers are required to buy a basic angling license must also purchase a classified waters license before fishing on a stream during the period when it is classified" Not ""All anglers are required to buy a basic angling license must also purchase a classified waters license before fishing on a stream during the period when it is classified"
As for a steelhead stamp the regs are clear, "You may sportfish without any license or stamp(you must abide by the regulations)" That means that yo don't have to have a stamp for steelhead, but you are only allowed (for example) to keep one hatchery steelhead on the Vedder and then you must stop fishing (like everyone else.) You can still hire a lawyer if you wish. :peace:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.