BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got skunked saturday. fished from around the noon low till 3:30. I tried an hour off sandheads, then an hour at the coal port then trolled North another hour. Not a nib.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
what were you draging around, or should i say what were the fish not biting on?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not biting

They were not biting an old 3.5 yel-tail silver back Coyote, and a 2.75 gypsy glo army. Both behind Pal 3 and 4 dodgers on the stbd rigger. Both set-ups have landed one good one each in the past. They also did not bite the extremely deadly looking Rapala sinking CD-11D Mag lure trolling solo on weight on port side. The rapala looks so horny in the water I have to hold myself back from diving in after it. Very few guys out this side Saturday. One other troller at Coal Port nuttin while I was there. Talked to a guy at Sandheads on the way back in who said he trolled South of Bowen, nuttin either. He said not many boats out that way either. It would have been a good day to cross to the West side I think.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saturday June 11 QA

A friend at work landed a 12 pound-after-guttin Spring Sat June 10 at 7:30am at QA on a yellowtail silverback Coyote, 145 feet down the rigger 6 feet behind a flasher. The other 3 rods running anchovies did not land any that day, but apparently they got a few hits over the course of the day, but none that stuck. I have report sharing rights because I gave him the spoon. It is one of my favourites. Kind of like a green gloflo, but with the black dot eye and the red G-spot. Greeny-yellow top half, glow btm half.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fished the Sandheads Sunday from 8 am till 4 pm. Two hits all day..neither stuck...both hits at 120 ft on an Army truck. On the upside, we did bring home crab dinner 8) Nice day on the water... and that squall the blew in missed us completely... :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts