BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Tough question to answer BCnewbie...In my opinion it's always a good time to go fishing, and there are some opportunities up north towards "Campbell", (river, presumably...), but there are also opportunities around the lower mainland and other areas around the province...

Perhaps you'll introduce yourself to the forum in the introductions section and hang around a while...my bet is if you do, sooner rather than later you will no longer feel like a newbie to BC and will have picked up a lot of tips to make your days fishing more rewarding...

What method of fishing are you wanting to use...? Ie: what gear do you have to work with...?

Stick around, participate, there's a lot of good info here at your disposal...all you have to do is put the time in...

Welcome to the forum,

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I'd like to echo Rib's comments. This is an excellent site with a plethora (big word of the day) of info. I have a boss that keeps saying "garbage in, garbage out", meaning you only get out of it what you put into it.

As for Campbell River, I'm headed up there on Friday for a day and I'll post a report when I get back. I did a quick tour up there earlier this week and the pinks were jumping all over each other, but we'll see how the rain has affected them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks guys. Much appreciated. I have done a little bit of due diligence and decided to fish the Gold/Salmon rivers this weekend. I got an 8 wt rod and am willing to do a lot of walking to find a good stretch of river. Can anyone comment on the ease of access to fishing these two rivers? Thanks for the report warrior. See you on the river :beerchug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.