BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about building a rod (CP or casting) using the blank.

The spec. looked similar to Sage 3113.

Any opinion from people who have experienced the blank will be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
chummer said:
Thanks for the inputs but what I really want to know is how it would work while fishing.
Hey chummer,the action of that rainshadow will be in between the sage 3113lb and the 3113mb,but again is all depend on how many & what type of guide you put on and the space in between guides etc.......Hope this can help you :beerchug:

·
Registered
419 Posts
I was looking into rainshadow blanks for my first build. The guys directly from rainshadow recommended these 2 blanks for the steel. The IST1384F 11'6" 4-10lb and the IST1562F 13' 6-10lb. Personally I like lighter rods. A little more finesse required when hauling in the brutes, but well worth it in the fun factor. Right now I have a g-loomis str1263c 6-12 lb. Pretty nice rod, still want to build my own though. Haven't decided on which of these 2 blanks to go with ::)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Chum - The closest I have is a 1265F that I use as a mooching rod (Russ from Stryker did it up for me... dibs for his work and tips, he's a straightup guy). As for the blank you are thinking about, you may also want to consider an XST1264F also. Its a little lighter blank than you are inquiring about but is a better modulus - my cousin has one outfitted with a Milner, and I can vouch for how sweet it feels in hand...

·
Registered
36 Posts
ISA 11'6" Great feeling rod.

Howdy,
I made my first CP rod with a the Rainshadow ISA 11'6" and I love it. Great feel with the smaller steelies and it has lots of back bone to land the big boys. I do recommend the Rainshadow blanks they look good and cast very well for CP. I did use an extra guide and left a wee bit more cork on the handle cause my hands are big so it is a wee bit heavy but it cast very well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.