BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this in a magazine and made locally. They make a wide range of powers in an outboard .
Anyone heard of this? I was just on the site and they are saying the units are widly used by the US
Marine Corp. since 1991 and delivers 20-25 % more power to your outboard and bolts right on.

:beerchug: Marko

· Registered
584 Posts
are those the units that bolt on and look like a prop gear case with a jet engine nozzle where the prop should be?

· Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cascademarine said:
are those the units that bolt on and look like a prop gear case with a jet engine nozzle where the prop should be?
Yep and man do they look deadly! Appearently they work great in shallow water with less outside
diameter to hit objects. Also with a tight shroud enclosue for the terbine like blades there seams
to be many advantages inclueding manatee friendly. Need to find a price on these suckers.
they sell new with a 5 yr warrenty or rebuilt with 3yr.... :D Marko

· Registered
707 Posts
if it's what I think it is, it's not made for running rivers, but made in such a way that the US Marines don't chop guys up when at war and doing beach landings. Your motor hangs down just like a prop, just with the turbine deal, you don't chop stuff up like bits and pieces of good old US Marines.

· Registered
584 Posts
thats right rln, they are simply a prop in a can for saftey reasons. I would like to try one one of these days to see if they are all they are cracked up to be, however with such a big drive unit in replacement of a prop I would think they would be much less efficient than a prop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.