BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Springs in May discussion that turned into a fishout discussion...

Hmmmm is bar fishin that fun?....Sounds like a fishout to answer that one... :cheers:

How's about may 19th.....The weekend after mother's day and the weekend before the

Victoria Day long weekend?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts

I'll be out there the Victoria long weekend! How much weight do u guys think i'll need for around mission right now?

·
Registered
101 Posts

marko i am in for a fishout for sure.....lets get one going!! this is really my first full year concentrating my efforts on fishing and i am really loving all the info i get on this site...i have weekends off and will be out there every sat/sun i can!

keep me posted

·
Registered
3,386 Posts

Go Marko.........A gathering of the hardcore scotch taster,,,,,ahhhhfishers.........Ayup.......I\, in!!...Ortho 8)

·
Registered
167 Posts

fishing the mouth of the stave... do the springs go up river a bit too? what about a float tube / pontoon in one of the side channels just past the railway bridge, would that work?

·
Registered
152 Posts

Marko, I'm most likely in. It's my daughter's 21st that w/e so I may have to bow out, but count me in for now...

·
Registered
736 Posts

I'm in for a fishin, just tell me when and where... If I can make it I will.. ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

marko said:
Hmmmm is bar fishin that fun?....Sounds like a fishout to answer that one... :cheers:

How's about may 19th.....The weekend after mother's day and the weekend before the

Victoria Day long weekend?
19th is on the Victoria day long weekend....I will be too busy sitting on the roof of my house protecting it from looters with my 12 gauge, if it floods...or I will be in Alberta playing my trumpet for a bunch of seniors and pre-schoolers if it does not flood.....otherwords...I'm out may long! = GONG SHOW!

Fishing should be steller if it does not flood...but if conditions are right....the bells should be ringing!...a guide I sorta know hooked 40 springs in 3 days with 4 clients...flossing on may long 2 yrs ago...

May I suggest a "Camp out" on the 2nd-3rd weekend of June? thats when I started banging them on the bar rods last year....maybe upper wellington would be a good choice than? should be enough bar out by than....or else a hammock in the trees would be fine :happy:

Don't worry....bar fishing is fun!....and you get no back strain from casting 3-4oz betties all day!

Mike <")))))))><

·
Banned
2,859 Posts

ya bar fishing is good times

i bet you can count my dad and I in we have all the gear for bar fishing

and if it does flood forget about BBing we will have to cast 2lb rigger balls if it floods :happy: :happy: or by the least those crazy ass 5 1/2 OZ betties couldnt believe those when i saw them last year :eek: :eek:

HOOK

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Mike D. you are right. I was looking at our BCFR site calender and noticed that this is a U.S. version
showing Memorial Day and not Victoria Day on the 21st.  .......Note to mods......!
That might not be a bad idea , wait till June 2 and hope we are still ahead of the flood.
In the mean time we could scout out and report back on some possible sites in the next couple
of weeks............ :beerchug:..........Marko

·
Registered
1,395 Posts

I wil be in if time permits.....the fraser right now seems to be rising and dirty as hell! June 2nd weekend is definitely out for me, I'll be spending the weekend on Pitt Lake/Upper Pitt River!! Oh and I am pretty sure the weekend of June 16th is out for me too! The wife would kill me if I left on that one (previous engagements......Wedding!!!). Otherwise I will be out at some point!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

O.K.  I know is mother's day is on May 13th as well as Riversides Sturgeon derby and the river's not getting
any lower so lets do Sat May 12th out of Island 22 launch and fish upper wellington.   :cheers:

.....For those of us doing the Riverside derby the next day It'll give us a chance to warm up
for the big ones ..... :thumbup:     (That's how big mine will be!) 

....P.S. There should be plenty of boats for those who want to join in... :drunk:

:beerchug:......Marko

·
Registered
736 Posts

OK then I will be the first to call shotgun!!! ;D Who would like to take me with them? Don't all respond at once!! {insert sarcasm here} :drunk: :thumbup:

I have the Sturgeon Derby the day after, so I could use a day out before that. ;D

Starting to feel the my mojo coming back... ;D

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Your in! I could use the entertainment :happy:........Marko

·
Registered
736 Posts

marko said:
Your in! I could use the entertainment :happy:........Marko
Not quite sure what you mean by entertainment.... :-X but alright!!! ;D

Thanks Marko. ;D

·
Registered
101 Posts

i will also need to ride shot gun as i dont have a boat....who's got room for me???

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Well I can easliy take 4 but a shuttle service is also possible considering how close it is to the launch...
We should probably set up a couple of departure times for people with varying scheduals....
.......Then again if roscoe pco comes on board instead of a shuttle it'll be more like a telaporter...

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 'X,X%X*# :peace:

·
Registered
736 Posts

Just heard that Island 22 is being closed for **** upgrades. This starts next week and will more than likely affect the Launch. Would be wise to call the Fraser Valley regional district before a trip is planned. Just a heads up.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Just call Island 22 and they are on a day by day basis but if we call Doug Wilson @ Fraser valley Regional
District the day before he can tell us if the gate will be open or where we could launch.
Right now the girl at the gate said the water levels are good and should be for a week or two
then thats it............ :-X <------ holding breath till July :-\

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts

I'm in for sure!!! Sounds like great times... :thumbup: I'll need to pick up some decent "plunking" gear though... ;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts