BC Fishing Reports banner

any ideas? no matter how much I fish I can't catch a salmon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
piglicker where are you located?? I dont mind bringing others out with me and teaching them how to get some biters ;D i dotn get skunked often and usually only for steelhead ;D

HOOK

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Well where are you fishng? What are you using?

Right ow the rivers are low and clear...which means fish get spooked.....EASILY! If you can see the fish it can see you. What I have done is lighten up all my gear. 8lb leader, split shots instead of pencil lead, size 4 gammy hook and a drennan float. I was fishing a foam float on sunday and noticed the fish run from it as it approached, so I went out and picked upa drennan. You always want to try and copy the food in the water as well. If the pinks are getting spwaned out then pink roe, flesh colours will work well.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
well i cant guarantee steel but i can definately put you into some prime water. it took me 2yrs to get my first steelhead to hand. first year i didnt even have a hit, second i hit 2 lost both, third year i hit more than 20 and 13 of those in one 3hr stretch of one day :eek:

i normally start my steely trips New Years morning being the first one BUT i have some other stompings to hit earlier than December now ;D just pm me I do have a full load almost everytime i go out now with dad and g/f riding with me, however that doesnt mean people cant tag along in their own car ;D

HOOK

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Yeah, to be a steelheader you must be determined, stubborn and somewhat insane! I went 3 seasons withou catching any. The third season I hit 2 and lost them. Then the fourth season came and I started with a bang! Managed my fair share of steelies this year looking forward to this season!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.