BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, seeing as ortho put up a topic about recipes for chum, what about recipes for whities? I was fortunate enough to bag a couple of chrome bullet white springs and I bbq'ed some of the fillets and they were very good. Almost tasted like red spring - but a bit milder (or was that psychological)? Anyway, I also tried the batter and hot oil fry which was also very good.

Does anyone else have any good recipes they'd like to share? :thumbup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
BBQ them up in an old gym sock and season to taste ;D Just kidding.

Not a big fan of the white kings Obviously. Some people love them, just not for me.

I believe, they are for fighting and not for eating. :peace:

I'd love to see some good recipies too and give it a try.

·
Registered
695 Posts
this works well on all white meat fish as i do this for hal's and rock cod :thumbup: , take salmon steak chop up lots of ginger and green onions sprinkle over steak till meat is covered then with it on plate place the whole thing on a steamrack in pot of boiling water i myself use a wok but a large pot will also work after 10mins or so pending on thickness of steak take out of steamer and drain off excess water then use some seafood soy-sauce and pour over steak after that use some hot oil and lightly spoon on top and your good to go. :beerchug:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I find that they seem to taste the same as reds, but their flesh seems to have more oil in it. I just cook them the same as reds, marinate in some type of salmon/barbeque sauce homemade or commercial which ever you prefer ( I buy mine) and bbq them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Fillet fish, remove the skin (unless it's bright chrome then just de scale/slime it). Cut fish into strips. roll in flour then dip in egg (tap the fish with a fork to get rid of any dry pockets of flour), roll in cracker crumbs and fry. Whites also taste good in a vegetable soup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.