BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 96 16ft Fiberglass bayliner bowrider with a Merc Force 75 2 smoke on it. A nice little setup. I have had it for about 3 years and it serves us (2 adults plus 11 and 12 year old kids) well for lake use/knee boarding and picknicking. Problem is that it isn't used much, only 5 consecutive days this last summer. A part of me thinks it is partially because I am too caught up in not dinging it up and spend a bunch of time sudsing it down after use.
I am wanting to get back into the fishing and give my kids (who love fishing) more opportunity to enjoy the sport. I was thinking of selling my current boat, and buying something more versatile like an uluminum of some kind. I can't shell out the big bucks for a river jet as I have us involved in too many other recreational toys. I have seen used 14-17ft side wheel console, tiller control, and windshielded aluminums (lighter duty lund/princecraft and the like) with 50's on them for about $6500-$10000. (my max)
Any recommendations on what you think would be the best option to get us all out in the lakes and on the River while still allowing for a kneeboard in summer. :confused: (Kids are not into water skiing or wakeboarding so big HP is likely not required)
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Take a look at my boat a couple threads below "Do you have a boat " I got mine for $6000. Its a 16 foot aluminum with top and 100hp Merc. I added the side panels and backdrop afterwards as well as a kicker. So you can get a total fishing machine for under $10,000. I love my boat, its the toal fishing machine and I dont owe any money on it. You will be able to run the lakes and Fraser no problem and do a ton of fishing. Oh and you wont be worried about getting it dirty LOL

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PumpingIron,
Found your picture post in the my boat pic section, but your photobucket link errors out "page is not found". Images arent showing in thread.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good. Great job with the cover. It looks like it would really move with that big black thing on the back.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hoochee,

Not that I wanna take business away from Canadian retailers or anything, but try looking in the States. Try Craigslist and look in Washington or even Oregon. There are some really decent boats down there, and well, with our dollar and all..... I brought back a new(for me) fishing boat this summer and am super happy with the boat and the price paid! And it is really quite easy to bring boats across the border. There is a ton of info and websites with user experiences with the process.

Good Luck! See you on the water! :beerchug:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fire-Fish,
I have been browsing Seattles craigslist a fair bit in the last few weeks. I will have to look at the oregon locations as well. The pricing is really good, and I have been reading some of the import pages, including the ones on this site. It is defenitely an option. I guess the key is to bring a mechanic or motor guy with you or be able to find a local shop to do the check that is at least half honest and knowledgable.
The power of craigslist has blown me away. Sold two vehicles in a week last summer, found my truck with a wanted ad after 5 weeks, sold a ton of unused cool stuff, and bought more ikea furniture than you can imaging.
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.