BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not many options out there but you could get a fly rod tied into a baitcaster if you are willing to spend a bit of money. Rainshadow/Batson makes a 10'8'' 4pc 8wt (http://www.batsonenterprises.com/content/view/121/266/) that would probably make up a nice rod for coho/steelhead. I'm sure there are tons more options out there, just using the rainshadow as a cheaper suggestion. Good luck

Zach

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Lamiglas has a great 13 foot 3 piece noodle style rod that would be great for cap coho all the way up to the largest Steelhead.

I use one of these rods and it really makes even a 2 pound trout a nice fight, seriously consider this option, you will not be sorry.

The longer rods allow better line control.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Eagleye,

- Would you be interested in a G Loomis 1388/9 GLX fly blank wrapped as a baitcaster (11'6" - 4 piece - 8/9 weight) ?

- As new condition - asking $400.

- Sorry, no pics - Location Langley.

Thanks,

bj23

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offer BJ23 but the rods sounds like it might be a bit stiff as I like slow to moderate action rod for casting with a baitcaster. I prefer fast action for snap casting with a spinning reel. I'm sure it's a nice rod but for that kind of money it needs to be exactly what I'm looking for. I would also prefer a 9'6-10'6 rod. The 13' sounds like a sweet rod but not compact enough. Probably will get the trophy but I already have the 11'6 model which is a great all around rod and was hoping for something that weighs less with a lighter line rating. I'm surprised there aren't more 4pc factory gear rods on the market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.