BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to find out something. while the fish are in the river do they stay on the side of the river their flow originates. We have been fishing a spot the last couple weeks and have caught 2 springs thus far both were whites though. Being that the vedders fish are predominatley whites I was curious if that would be why. We were'nt fishing the mouth, but that is the closest flow to where we were. Would one have better sucess on the other side of the river looking for the fish that are heading north. As a teen fishing out at Bowmans it was predominately reds we were catching. just curious
Crazy D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Crazy Drifter,

My experience is that early in the season reds out number whites ...... later in the season the reverse. Personally, I prefer reds ......... I always carefully look under the gill plate if I can't tell by skin tone ...... right at the front bone towards the mouth it will be red for reds ....... white for whites. The last couple have been silver bullets ..... a couple still had sea lice on them.

Can't explain your luck with whites ....... fishing above peg leg I haven't caught one yet ...... all reds. Hmmmmmm .... maybe my good luck. :wink:

GOFISH 8)

G

·
Yes gofish its your luck :lol:

Last year we fished the pegleg area , it turns out that one gets 3 whites and no reds, while another one gets 4 reds, and I get 4 reds and 1 white, how does one guy only get whites? :lol: by the way all of them were caught in August.

Mike <"))))))><

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Hmmmmm ..... so it has nothing to do that there are more reds right now than whites ..... local rivers have a dominant return of whites ....... ones higher up river more reds ...... true or not????? Wish I was playing poker then. :wink:

GOFISH 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts