BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, if you know of a lake that is ice free in this area, post it here! I would think there are not too many lakes iced up here on the coast so, this would mostly apply the the Whistler area. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Was up at Whistler this past weekend and things were pretty close to wide open on most of the "higher elevation" lakes between Squamish and Whistler. It was warm up there right through the weekend so things should be good. Next weekend I will take a drive into Alice Lake if I have time and have a look. As far as past Whistler towards Pemberton I am not sure.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The alice lake park area is all ice free !! :thumbup: ;) Small #1 fox spinner ( bright orange) or a rooster tail ( green & blue). 4lb line and a 5 foot ultra light rod does the trick! Ive spent many of hours on these lakes myself.

steelie

·
Registered
917 Posts
The trout up in the Squamish area are very greedy little guys that will readily take flies. As for Alice Lake, I heard that the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC will not be stocking it any more. Alice Lake was not stocked last year and it showed! I was very surprised as I've fished this lake since 1994 and every year it produced high numbers of spunky rainbows in the 10 - 12 inch range until last year. Why the FFSBC decided not to stock such a popular and accessible lake is unknown to me. Anyone know the reason?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Jones Lake is looking great and the water is actaully up :thumbup: Not sure how long it'll stay up for, but you can use the boat launch instead of the 100yrd sludge run that's normal ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.