BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently brushing up on my regulations as I am headed out for the first time this year, this week.....It states the daily quota for steelhead is 2 hatchery (but only 1 over 50cm), it wasn't always this way was it? :shock: I thought it was only one and then you're done for the day, but now it seems it's 2 and your done....when did it change? We're talking region 2 here, hasn't fisheries issued a warning to anglers that region 2 stocks are in decline....and wouldn't raising the hatchery limit increase pressure on our wild stocks??? :( Have I made some mistake here? :? Can someone please confirm that I am not seeing things... :D
Thanks in advance
Rib :lol:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
No you read right. But if you look at the fine print, it says "see tables for exceptions". So when you look down the table of waters and get to say the chilliwack/vedder river - Steelhead daily quota = 1. Therefore you can only bonk one and must be on your way. The chehalis is the same as well and possibly others.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
thats wierd i though that a steelie is a steelie only if it is over 50cm other than that it was regulated as a trout??

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's why I thought I was losing my mind....I was! :oops:
Sorry, guess it's been so long since I've checked the regs, that I forgot how to read!!!hehehe :roll:
Thanks!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts