BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

I have a 2000 Bayliner 2859 and I am trying to mount a Honda 9.9 as a kicker. After going to the Boat Show and talking to many people (incliuding the Honda folks) I decided to go with the Panther T4 remote Steering system hooked up to a TrollMaster to control both steering and speed. I had a custom-made outboard bracket made to attach to my swim grid for the motor. (Cost me $750 plus labor). I thought I had all the parts necessary to mount the Panther T4 but it appears that the newer (2000 and newer) Honda motors do not have a thru tilt tube to mount the Panther T4. I went to the Honda shop over on Boundary in Vancouver and they have a kit to replace the carrying handle with an external bracket that can be used to mount the Panther T4. Unfortunately, they could not guarantee that this kit would work for my motor. Does anyone out there have any thoughts or experience on the best way to mount a Panther T4 on a 2005 Honda 9.9? I already have about $1000 invested in the Panther T4 and the Trollmaster and these parts are brand-specific so I can't easily switch motor brands to get a motor with a thru tilt tube. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Tight Lines!

Kana

1 - 4 of 4 Posts