BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skeena - Drifted roe on a float for coho at Shames bar and caught 3 sockeye accidently never new they took drifted roe?
Lakelse river - No coho but caught plenty of cutties fishing peach wool in the pools with and under logs. looking for coho but the river was just choked with pinks also hooked a big spring in the power line pool (accidently of course)
Kitimat - Fished the salt chuck it was slow until we switched to anchovies at 40 ft then we had multiple double headers and steady bites it was pretty hot . The river was dead low but when I got back to the campsite it had rained and the river was up a little with a bit of color and fish were running so I drifted my peach wool in the side channel right behind ridley park and nailed a few coho they hit really light so had to be right on it. Some dummy alberta boys were there trying to use jigs and got nothing but spooked a lot of fish by ripping them through the pools like they were fishing for pike or something
the next morning if fished the side channel but the river was down so the fish were socked into the logs I managed to pull
a few more out but when the sun came up it was dead again.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If they get a serious rain the fishing will be hot in the river because there are a lot out in the chuck right now then those jigs will actually work because of shear numbers of fish and the aggressiveness of fresh run coho . We went up river also but it was dead so a few rolling in the deep pools but only caught cuttys and bull trout Sept 1st

1 - 2 of 2 Posts