BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it at any given time that the on-line status is checked there appears to be at least
three or four, give or take, guests reporting topics to moderators?

Is this a program malfunction or are outsiders taking a keen intrest in our well being?

:beerchug: Marko

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
marko said:
Why is it at any given time that the on-line status is checked there appears to be at least
three or four, give or take, guests reporting topics to moderators?

Is this a program malfunction or are outsiders taking a keen intrest in our well being?

????

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The public can access certain forums, and members themselves can read these threads open to the public without having to log in. So...the "guests" can be non-members, or members reading threads without logging in. HTH.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I have seen the same thing. When you look to see who is on line there are times when you see the actions of a guest and there actions say "reporting topic to moderator"

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm.....members taking the back door without logging in sounds plausible and generally
some one that is not a member would not care but spider bots....!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
flyguy said:
I have seen the same thing. When you look to see who is on line there are times when you see the actions of a guest and there actions say "reporting topic to moderator"
As opposed to "professori, marko and 0 Guests are viewing this board." at the top of the board?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
professori said:
flyguy said:
As opposed to "professori, marko and 0 Guests are viewing this board." at the top of the board?
when you go to " users online".

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Thanks, Reelangler. Now I know what it refers to. :) Looked up the IP for those "guests", and there are no messages posted in this forum from that address...so I don't know. Interesting though...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.