BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if anyone has uses this rod (drifting 10.6ft) i would like to know how is it , a fellow on the chehalis told me its a nice sensitive rod , and wont cost much . i would like to use a new rod for this winter/spring steelhead season , any inputs would be greatly appreciated

· Registered
166 Posts
I have the 8 -17 lb. Technium rod and purchased it last year at the Outdoors Show at the Tradex in Abbotsford. Before, I bought the rod, I talked to one of the Shimano reps about the rod. He showed me how well built the rod is, and showed how indestructible it is especially with regards to how much strength you would have to exert on the rod to break it, and with respect to guides on the rod, etc. Got mine there when they were selling them as a show special for about ninety dollars. Well worth it, as it is a nicely balanced and well built drift rod.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
A great rod is the Fenwick HMX very light and great sensitivity with alot of backbone for the big boys with a good 5year warranty also where most rods in its price class only have a 1year

· Registered
48 Posts
I got a Shimano technicum 10'6 12-25lb, very powerful for bottom boucing. I bought this last year as it was my first year salmon fishing, I didn't know anything about the line rating, thought that it would be better with higher line rating. I was then totally wrong after I have been to few trip experiecing the heavy solid rod. I then store this rod away and bought a Sage 2106 CT. I don't do bottom bouncing anymore, as I found float fishing to be more fun

· Registered
1,030 Posts
I have the 10'6 (8-17) and the 11'6 (12-25) rods, both are awesome!

the 11'6 is nice fishing big flows for steelhead and chinook and chummers, but a little to heavy on coho, unless your into the big northern sized ones like I was this year....15+ pound bucks on the spoon lol...

the 10'6 is flexible and lighter then the 11'6 and is a great rod for coho, chum, steelies, and springers....but sometimes I found it could use that extra lenght and thickness when trying to quickly get the bigger fish in to shore in the faster water while trying not to kill it before you get it to shore....

I may have been the guy telling u about the techniums...maybe not...as I normally don't fish by too many guys...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.