BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for those that own a pair of breathables. I just finished washing my breathable waders and then used revivex to bring back the beading of the water like it was when they where new and man does this product ever do that. Just follow the washing instructions on your waders then spray this product on and put them in the drier on low heat(delicate setting on some) for 60min to activate the product. And your done. I tested mine and I could not believe how well it worked. :thumbup:

·
Registered
708 Posts
watch the instructions closely. Waders with neoprene feet may suffer from melt down problems if put into a drier. You may be better off to iron the breathable material after treating the waders. Just stay away from any sort of neoprene sections on waders.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dereke said:
Can you buy it at most shops?
Yes most shops that sell breathable waders will sell this.
rln said:
watch the instructions closely. Waders with neoprene feet may suffer from melt down problems if put into a drier. You may be better off to iron the breathable material after treating the waders. Just stay away from any sort of neoprene sections on waders.
This is why you use low heat. I use delicate setting on my drier which is very low and no problems.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I use Revivex for all of my Gore-Tex stuff once a season...it's a great product! People sometimes forget that the water repelant coating is an important part of making a breathable membrane do its job efficiently.

Good tip, flyguy.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just used powdered detergent with cold water in the bathtub( instructions on waders), I rinsed them twice to make sure all soap was off then hung them up in the tub and sprayed revivex on while the waders where wet. I then put them in the drier( delicate setting)

G

·
I have used the NikWax waterproof breathable stuff. It worked fine but was expensive. Then I tried Revivex. It also worked fine but was cheaper. Eventually the Revivex treated GoreTex coat (a very old Taiga model) began to lose its surface water beading characteristics. Then I tried spraying it with Atsko Silicone Water-guard ($5+) at Walmart. I did not cook it in a drier as I had with the previous two, I just let it dry. This method also worked fine, is cheapest of all and is also quickest. Atsko smells like solvent at first but this soon disappears. I

·
Registered
708 Posts
the silicone spray product will clog the breathability of your old Gore-Tex jacket and now will work just like a rubberized nylon jacket no longer having any breathability at all. The DWR on all breathable product eventually wears off and needs to be replaced with the Revivex or Nikwax product. If the jacket is worn a lot and gets dirty, you should have to do this once a year if not more often.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
harps said:
Little bit off topic but would this work for Gortex hunting pants too?
Absolutely! In fact, it will work with a variety of synthetic materials that are not even Gore-Tex. For example, I used it on a hiking backpack and it worked great in repelling water and keeping the contents dry. The only thing is some hunting wear have a special odour absorbing property to them, and I don't know what the effect of Revivex would be on that. But if it's just regular camo Gore-Tex...I don't see why not.

One important thing to remember when using Revivex, is that the item that you are using it one has just been freshly and thoroughly washed and rinsed. You'll get much better performance that way.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.