BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a walk up to rice lake in north vancouver for the first time this last weekend. The lake was frozen solid and looked like is was thick enough to walk on but didnt take the chance. Someone had been there recently and had broken through the ice in a few places so i was able to brake through with a large rock and do a little bit of fishing but got nothing. I suspect it will take a few days of warm temp to melt the lake.

·
Registered
267 Posts
After the ice on the lake melts, how is the fishing going to be there. I've been thinking about going up there in the near future because i havent gotten out trout fishing for a while, and it is only a 15 minute drive away. I heard that one of the best things to use on that lake is simply fresh shrimp.....No?....Yes?. What do you use? :p

-Cap Mano-

·
Registered
117 Posts
Last year, I had pretty good success after using light green Berkley Power bait.
Some people used cooked shrimp and a guy used single salmon egg for bottom fishing. The bottom fishing with salmon egg was very productive too.
I also went there 2 weeks ago but did not try fishing but it was a good walking on a nice Sunday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts