BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some newly acquired bugs and I am planning on putting them to use this weekend. I have some natural pro-cure and just some fresh ones. I have only fished with them a few times and was wondering if anyone has some good advice on how to place them on the hook so that they stay there for a few casts. Also should I be concerned about the hook colour when fishing this bait? I tend to stick with red when fishing roe or wool and usually switch to black when fishing shrimp. I will be throwing these little critters in the Vedder or Chehalis at the end of the week (depending on how much rain we get) and any advice given is much appreciated.

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Ghost shrimp can be a bit tricky, but the best rig for me in the past has been to crescent hook the shrimp into the "belly" and loop your roe knot over the tail leaving the head and small pincers hanging down. You can use a few wraps of spider thread to help with the attachment as well....The trick is to dead drift them. and not allowing them to "spin" in the water. If you have cured shrimp, you can thread them on the hook tail side down, and the roe loop over the back onto one of the small spines n the shell. Be sure to trim the body at 45 degrees toward the hook. This will prevent spin....Hook colour is not important at all. I've caught fish in the same water conditions on black,silver and red hooks....It's all in the presentation and keeping it in the zone>.......Ortho 8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.