BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi~ Fellas!!!

I am planing to head to the island for river drift fishing, and have no idea where to go!!
Couple guys were recommending to go Port Alberni (Stamp, Somass river).
Is it worth to go there now?? I don't see any decent report yet, and don't want waste precious 3 days off from work and the wife!! LOL ;D

Please share some idea!!

Thanks in advance~! :thumbup:

Bravo~ :beerchug: :drunk: :wallbash:

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Are you 'drift' fishing as in using gear to drift your presentation or are you 'drifting' down the river in a drift boat chucking gear and flies? If you are drifting in a boat I would give the Nitinat or Nimpkish a try. If no boat, the Stamp system has a few places you can hike in. There are a few summer runs in there now. The springs are starting to trickle in. All island rivers are heavily regulated so check the regs and remember that there is a bait ban.

· Registered
52 Posts
Big Green Machine has it about right. I'd also add the Marble River. It is a short, 8km river, however holds some nice fish. Find your way to the Marble River Provincial campgrounds and follow the trail along side the river. Its a good 45 minute hike, but you'll end up at a large pool where there are resident cutthroat and the springs will also hold up in there.
Gman

· Registered
883 Posts
Gman said:
Big Green Machine has it about right. I'd also add the Marble River. It is a short, 8km river, however holds some nice fish. Find your way to the Marble River Provincial campgrounds and follow the trail along side the river. Its a good 45 minute hike, but you'll end up at a large pool where there are resident cutthroat and the springs will also hold up in there.
Gman
Those are not the only species in there right now ;) One of my favs this time of year. :cheers: sage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.