BC Fishing Reports banner

Rivers Inlet/Hakai Area

[SEEKING INFO] 
3K views 51 replies 10 participants last post by  holmes 
#1 · (Edited)
Ocean Recreation Vacation Sound

Hey guys,

This weekend and upcoming short week will be hectic and then we head off for a few days of hearty party in Vancouver before flying up to Rivers Inlet for a week.
I'll post reports and pics from the trip here.

I'm heading this thread with the above pic of myself with buddy Andy,
and here we're on a charter last August in Sitka, with Captain Kent Hall aboard The 'Sitka Secret".

Andy and I met on a cruise, and our wives let us go for a day of fishing.
As late in the year as it was, the 4 of us on board limited on Chinook and Coho.

Andy caught the most and largest fish.

I raved about BC, and as nice as Alaska was and IS, I really sold the trip we had booked for July, and
Andy was in as fast as he could send his deposit in.

However, he had rather invasive disc surgery in February and the re-hab and convalescence
went south on him, and after 10 months of anticipation, pics, videos, websites, and general drooling...
he sadly had to pull the plug and back out, as his problematic disc refuses to cooperate.

Andy Bud, you'll be with us in spirit. The trip won't be the same without my salmon slayin' pal.

We'll send reports and pics, and you'll be aboard next season for certain.

Reports will start Wednesday the 13th.

Til then....

Mike and Crew.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
The Inlet is going strong now.
I saw the great reports from Tofino, and it looks like action here is a bit behind WCVI,
but coming along nicely.

Anyone have any scoop from Hakai yet?

Discussion starter · #7 · (Edited)
Uh......drop me a line as to what day; I need to prep my liver for the day I am meeting you guys!!

How a bunch of good Auzzies got messed up with a blowhard Yank, I'll never know.
Start preppin! Aussies in town at Sutton Place Thursday, I likely won't be in til Saturday.

I met their ringleader through work some years back. These guys are hard-chargin' and fun lovin'!
Surfing, footballing, hang gliding, ocean fishing farkers, the lot of them.
Nicest guys you'll ever meet.
They're just a wee bit older than we are, and one is bringing his son, about 24, I'd guess.
We'll be in Vancouver proper till we head to the airport hotel on Monday.

Looking forward to it Scotty!

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Holy cow..... 3 months and you're already a orange shirt :eek:Take lots of the pic while your there
Pics and hi def video. We will produce a nice piece to send out with invites for next year's trip.We'll have 10 cams a-blazin' at any free moment.Fishing like fools, eating like kings, drinkin' like poets on payday.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
Last year we were there July 4-8. While we had nice fish and a great time, looking back, I figured we were a tad early. Looks like we will have more big fish this year. See you in Vancouver in a few days!

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Holmes..we're shooting for 3rd week of July nxt year.We will invade and have a blast.I will send out a formal invite and any and everyone is welcome.We'll put some video n pics together and make it a cool invitation.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Raise a pint for me gents. Wish I could have come (although I'm not sure I woulda been invited) but Kyuquot is calling and I'm there on Thursday to Monday. Report to follow;Cheers
Fin..All are invited. I'll.make sure you get the link to pics and video and a formal invite for next go.Cheers mate.Mike

Discussion starter · #28 ·
:cheers:Here we come!

Our Aussie contingent is momentarily AWOL, as they had delays departing Melbourne,
but are likely already at Whistler hang gliding, dirt biking, and generally being Australian.

Leaving Saturday July 9 for Vancouver for a few days to prime our livers before heading
to Rivers Inlet Tuesday morning.

Looking forward to meeting some of you..Brian, Scott, Ken...
And also looking forward to getting in on the bite that seems to be rounding into form as I write.

Last year the lodge had a few laptops set up with satellite internet so I know I'll be able to post reports,
just not sure yet about photos.

Good luck and good fishin' to all as we hit the real big push of the season.

Cheers,

Mike

Be well, make friends, drink beer, catch fish.:cheers:

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Well, after a very nice 3 days in Vanc wi damnfish, bci and pip, here we are. We were lucky to get up here. Heavy fog, overcast, rain, perfect fishing weather. Float planes wouldn't attempt todaysweather on a bet.
Got in 4 hrs yesterday afternoon after we checked in, etc. No action, but nobody got anything.
Today fog looks like peanut butter, but its lifting, and were off.
More later.
Thnkas bci, 'fish and pip for your friendship and hospitality.
I'll tell you of the catch later today

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.