BC Fishing Reports banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 ·
Holmes..we're shooting for 3rd week of July nxt year.We will invade and have a blast.I will send out a formal invite and any and everyone is welcome.We'll put some video n pics together and make it a cool invitation.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Raise a pint for me gents. Wish I could have come (although I'm not sure I woulda been invited) but Kyuquot is calling and I'm there on Thursday to Monday. Report to follow;Cheers
Fin..All are invited. I'll.make sure you get the link to pics and video and a formal invite for next go.Cheers mate.Mike

Discussion starter · #28 ·
:cheers:Here we come!

Our Aussie contingent is momentarily AWOL, as they had delays departing Melbourne,
but are likely already at Whistler hang gliding, dirt biking, and generally being Australian.

Leaving Saturday July 9 for Vancouver for a few days to prime our livers before heading
to Rivers Inlet Tuesday morning.

Looking forward to meeting some of you..Brian, Scott, Ken...
And also looking forward to getting in on the bite that seems to be rounding into form as I write.

Last year the lodge had a few laptops set up with satellite internet so I know I'll be able to post reports,
just not sure yet about photos.

Good luck and good fishin' to all as we hit the real big push of the season.

Cheers,

Mike

Be well, make friends, drink beer, catch fish.:cheers:

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Well, after a very nice 3 days in Vanc wi damnfish, bci and pip, here we are. We were lucky to get up here. Heavy fog, overcast, rain, perfect fishing weather. Float planes wouldn't attempt todaysweather on a bet.
Got in 4 hrs yesterday afternoon after we checked in, etc. No action, but nobody got anything.
Today fog looks like peanut butter, but its lifting, and were off.
More later.
Thnkas bci, 'fish and pip for your friendship and hospitality.
I'll tell you of the catch later today

Mike,

Happy to hear you guys have arrived safely.

I really look forward to seeing all the pictures and reading the daily reports from you guys. I think you should start a new thread so it doesn't get buried here....

Ken
Well, after a very nice 3 days in Vanc wi damnfish, bci and pip, here we are. We were lucky to get up here. Heavy fog, overcast, rain, perfect fishing weather. Float planes wouldn't attempt todaysweather on a bet.
Got in 4 hrs yesterday afternoon after we checked in, etc. No action, but nobody got anything.
Today fog looks like peanut butter, but its lifting, and were off.
More later.
Thnkas bci, 'fish and pip for your friendship and hospitality.
I'll tell you of the catch later today

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Thanks Ken, I will tomorrow. Internet is slowish here.
All Aussies on the board today. Fog, rain, mist...I went with Aussie David, Chris went with the irrepressible Mike Baker, and Father Mike and son Matt went guided.
They are not fishermen and Mike cant even swim. The all grumbled until high water at noonish, and then all hell broke loose. Matt lost a slab, and 2 minutes later hooked up and bonked a 26 lber. Handsome hatchery fish. They then went 22, 20 and 19. Some large coho too. I boated a nice tasty coho of about 12 on a 7" tomic plug, go figure!

Old fart David with me ( Chris and I split up so each of them had some experience aboard) hooked an anchor, couldn't budge it. I got the downriggers up and my rig, we watched and waited for about 20 minutes and then...up she comes! A huge ling with the cod he had hooked and couldn't release the downrigger clip...we were just towing it around....in it's mouth. He hitchiked up. Sea lion coming after it as we surfaced him, and I was too far from the gaff, thought it was a big stubborn spring, so I netted the dinosaur..35 lbs. Nice!

Raining like hell now. Lots of fish on the north end of the mouth of the inlet at calvert island. Good day for the lodge.

Chris and I going guided tomorrow for 12 hrs, so we can relax a bit and have a few beers.

Good day in lovely rivers inlet.

Cheers boys! More tomorrow.

Will try to get some photos up, but again, limited technology and even more limited tech talent here...I'm no good...where's Scotty when u need him?

Tomorrow weather should lift and we'll get me on the board with more than a suicidal little 'ho.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
UPDATE......Mike and Matt went out for the second half of their 12 hr guided day for hali... got bummed at the rain, etc, ran back to calvert island for a last crack at a spring...Damn

Tada!!!! Mike returns with a 36 lb hog. Green flasher and green hoochie. 300 feet of water, 80 feet down.
Aussies are stoked and bragging. Nowhere to hide. Thay are kicking our asses.
Drunk fish killing Aussies are annoying, but we love em.
Chris and I with a chance for some redmtion tomorrow.
All boats are in, diner is coming..garlic and butter everywhere.
Mussles, prawns, shrimp, steak..
Cheers

Discussion starter · #35 ·
great morning. 15 lb coho, several 25 springs. Water will be high around 1 pm, so we're grabbing food, and back out to the mouth and Calvert Island.
Green boards with green hoochies...the old stand-by is killing the fish. Spoons also. They run break away flashers, and they are great. Float free and get out of the road. Nice.
More tonight

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.