BC Fishing Reports banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts
I have a couple of those bullet roll heads.. they've never got me anything... not on the inside... I'll try them out next week in ukee.
Hey Mike,

Did you get a chance to run a Shelton Rotator to see if it produces when there are fish around?

Curious about that one and the high speed it rotates at.

B.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
What a finish! Tho we have a half day tomorrow, yesterday and today were limit days.

Full marks to both Aussie teams, Mike and Dave, and Mike and Matt...both got into double headers, and the rookies apperently paid attention during their guided days, because they both boated and bonked both ends of their doubles.

Eerie flat calm this whole week. Drizzle and fog, but no wind, no bad water. Crossing the inlet no big deal for any guest boats.

I am a chinook short of my limit, eveyone else is packed full. I'll get him on the morning bite and be done.

Spoons, hoochies, plugs, bait...evrything in the box was working.
The entire lodge is only 3 or 4 fish from limits all around.

35, several 36, maybe even a 40+...heard the guesstimates on the radio, they're not in yet.

Not great photo weather, but we'll post some next week. Cheers.

Hey Damnfish and Tofinoguy,

Just to be clear, I'm asking about the Shelton Rotator, and not the new Bulletroll Anchovy Special holder.

The one I'm talking about has a metal pin that drops down the back of the anchovy/herring head, and the hook and 5" of leader to the hook is encased in a hard white plastic sheath heading into the head area.

Is this the one you had success with Tofinoguy? If so, was it a dead slow troll with no flasher for the bigger fish?

Thanks,

Brian.

Sorry Brian........ i guess i butt into the thread. I just saw Ken's post about the Bulletroll teaser heads and gave them a ringing endorsement - trolling regular speed with or without flasher.

I have never heard of those Shelton Rotators before

No worries. :) I like those anchovy special bulletroll heads too - but I found on 5 1/4" they're overpowering, however on 5.5"++ they are perfect.

Do a google search for Shelton FBR Bullet Rotator to see the other ones I'm curious about - let me know what you think.

I'm thinking for drifting at 1mph with a banana weight off some kelp/reef they may be the ticket

Trolled one of the sheltons last weekend in around the Hole for a while last weekend, Brian. Looked good all rigged up but fishing was slow for everything . They do spin really fast but maintain a nice tight roll. I will try it again.

No worries. :) I like those anchovy special bulletroll heads too - but I found on 5 1/4" they're overpowering, however on 5.5"++ they are perfect.

Do a google search for Shelton FBR Bullet Rotator to see the other ones I'm curious about - let me know what you think.

I'm thinking for drifting at 1mph with a banana weight off some kelp/reef they may be the ticket
Personally, if i'm going to drift fish i would just use a cut plug...........it's worked since before i was born

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Well, we survived 2 days in Vancouver with Pippen, Damnfish and BCI.
Nobody got hurt, no arrests, nobody had to post bail for anyone else.
We had a marvelous 5 day fishing trip to Duncanby Lodge in Rivers Inlet, then another 2 days in Vancouver.

28 guests took home an average of 80 lbs of filets.
Limits across the board, springs to near 40, and coho to 20. Seems early to get such nice Coho in such numbers.

Very little sun, but it didn't matter. We absolutely never stopped catching fish.

I, for once, never made a phone call or touched any business e-mail, and am now paying the price for THAT.

But there is no better way to recharge the batteries than by battling big healthy fish for a week in the most beautiful Canadian province.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.