BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about making the drive to Tahsis from Gold River with my 22 ft Hewes as I'd like to fish Esparanza. I get conflicting reports on the road. Has anyone traveled it yet this year?

Thanks.

Greg

·
Registered
36 Posts
You have to weigh the cost of new trailer tires and bearings, boat windows, rock chip repairs etc. with the cost of fuel from running the boat from Gold River. Once the pavement ends, the expenses begin. Anytime we fish the top of Nootka, we run out. It is a beautiful trip and protected most of the way.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Once you go over the bridge out of Gold River there has to be at least 400 to 500 feet of pavement on a 60-odd kilometer road. So ... not much. The road is paved all the way to Gold River and they have a good ramp. Lots of pay parking that the Indians run. make sure you take cash.

johnny.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Emcon maintains the road and does a good job (federal fish hatchery on the Conuma River $$ ), but with the rain we get it still is rough and windy and hilly. Give yourself more than an hour for the 63.5 km. Especially if you are trailering a boat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.