BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Roche on Friday, caught a couple, one nice 2.5lb bow. I lost the next one 5 feet from the boat, damn Loons!

There were allot of people on the lake Friday and even more on Saturday, so we picked up and went to Black. (was that you on the pontoon boat?)

Black lake was completely empty of people until we arrived (3 boats and a canoe). It was my first experience on Black and we all caught fish. :)

We had success on a black leech, green leech, shrimp and black chronomids.

Overall a great weekend was had by all! Can't wait for the next trip!

· Registered
90 Posts
a buddy and I were camping there around that time....bascially had the lake to ourselves....did ya see a couple guys one with a pram and a fish cat pontoon? We couldn't get em to take any chronies....(hatches weren't really going on at that time compared to roche or tunkwa).....micro leeches were the ticket for us.....black's a cool lake since its so clear.....last light we got to chuck and strip leeches to fish on the shoals which was really cool to watch

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes we saw a pontoon boat on Saturday afternoon on Black, must have been u guys cuz there was no one else around.
We were camping at Roche and drove into Black for the afternoon. Its great that's its so close and when Roche was packed, it was empty. I caught one on a little shrimp pattern I tied in camp earlier that day.. Its actually the first time I really tried fishing that pattern, guess I'll have to tie plenty more of those!

Has anyone tried bog lake? We drove to it but didn't fish it.. Looks pretty small, and a buddt mentioned something about winter kill.. Not sure..

Gonna have to get up there again real soon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.