BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I was talking to Gary Elgaar at Riverside Fly and Tackle yesterday. He was up on Roche on the weekend for the "Fishing with the Pros" weekend. They were busting up ice with their boats on Saturday AM and it was all gone by noon. My guess is it hasn't turned yet, but your best bet would be to phone the lodge (250 828 2007) and ask them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for calling flyguy.. I'm wondering.. not being an expert at turning lakes.. how long do you think before she's ok again? As I said, I'm heading up the weekend after long weekend (23, 24, 25). If she's no good when I get there, i guess its a good thing there are other lakes in the area.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was told that all the lakes in the area that were iced off at the same time Bleeker, Roche, Horseshoe are all turning. Black was still slightly iced over on Saturday, might still be good there, lakes in the back of Black are ???. Might be a muddy drive getting into them!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
8) I'm so pumped!

Heading up to Roche lake this evening.. for the weekend..

If I recall correctly my Blackberry had decent reception out on the lake.. so I'll try to post a report as soon as I lay into one (or not). ;D

I'm having a hard time holding in my excitement! :happy:

:beerchug:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Yer not gonna be happy with the limited vis and the rather average to slow fishing right now....The lake needs a few more days.....This weekend, with the current weather pattern, I would take my woolies to 3700 ft. elev. It's going to be a little windy and cool..............Ortho 8)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just got back from my first interior trip.....roche will be getting better from here on out....I fished it for three days hooked quite a few fish.....The fish I hooked avg'd around 2.5-4lb.....lil scrapers......also hit tunkwa and black...... did well on those lakes too....cant wait for the next trip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.