BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any news on how these 3 lakes are fishing? Have not been out in over a month and looking to hit one of them this weekend. Not sure which one would be best considering we have had a pretty good heat spell over the last few weeks. PM me if you like. thanks

· Registered
260 Posts
Tunkwa and Leighton fish thrive on the heat...brings out the eats. Some of the best fishing we had last year was in late July and August....we weren't much for the heat but we were all for the fishing. Can make for a long day in the sun...you can find some shade on Leighton as the day goes on.

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! I thought since Tunkwa is only about 17 ft that fish would be too lethargic at this time of year. Was thinking about Heffley but its a little too big for the tube and I don't know the lake. Might head to Tunkwa and then hit Paska if I don't get anything since apparently they are easy to catch there. I heard that they are generally really small but I have heard rumblings of some bigger ones being caught this year :confused:

· Banned
2,854 Posts
best fly to use on Tunkwa in the heat is trolling green damsels on a type III clear sink :thumbup: worked awesome for us everytime we were there in July :thumbup: and beware of those jumping fish :eek: I would also give that pumkinhead a go :thumbup: Chronies can be good if you find where they are hatching of course :happy:

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read on another site that the fish in Paska were anywhere from 11-20 inches with some around 4 lbs, I heard the same that they were teeny. Apparently fishing has been slow everywhere. Maybe the full moon????? Gonna give it a shot somewhere on Saturday!

· Registered
3,796 Posts
The hot weather has slowed most lakes down. When I was out two weeks ago, the lake I was on was at 4100 ft and the surface temps (the first 3 ft of depth) was between 67.2°F and 68.9°F. My only suggestion is to try and find a High elevation lake and cooler temperatures if you want consistent fishing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.