BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all, I just bought some new blanks cheap from Toronto while i was there this past week and iam looking for someone to build them for me. If there is any recomendations or anybody who want's to tye these's rods for me it would be much appreciated. 3 pc IM6 10.5 ft, 8136-4 sage.

Steelie

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help i will call you soon professori!! ;D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can anyone reccomend a builder. I finally know what Im looking for. I want a GL2 in mat Black with a lenght of 11'3 and an action of 6 to 12 weight. Can anyone suggest a good builder?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forget GL2 :'( and get Sage 3113 LB ;D

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Cohopk...I went with a guy that built my 3113lb many, many years ago...I was very happy with his work, he built it out of his basement then, but I think he now has a bit bigger operation going...his name is Russ Goodwin...if I'm not mistaken, he advertises under the name Stryker Rod and reels now....but I could be wrong, check him out, he had a lot of good advice when I went to him, and was more than willing to work with me to set up the rod exactly the way I wanted it, and he had some good suggestions too...
let me know what you find out,
Rib

·
Registered
24 Posts
The 3113 is a great stick. Im Dead set on a mat black rod. From my understanding you can't get the Sage in a mat Black??? Am I wrong?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No you can't, but if you think that the look of you rig matters then ::), can't wait to see it though. :p Would you be running that islander in you pic on it? Nice Reel! 8) i have an islander too, but i just bought a new Stanton, and i also bought the Sage 8136-4 and iam having tyed up as a pin rod. Can't wait Christmas is here!!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Steelie

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can second Rib's recommendation on Russ from Stryker... he just finished one for me and I am pretty damn happy with not only the quality of his work, but also the price...

·
Registered
274 Posts
SalmonAddict said:
I can second Rib's recommendation on Russ from Stryker... he just finished one for me and I am pretty damn happy with not only the quality of his work, but also the price...
So i guess you decided on the rainshadow? ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Walter from Sea Run Fly & Tackle is the guy you want to speak. He's fast, clean and has great prices. He just put a W-fitting on my GL3 1261 and did an amazing job. Call 604-931-5044.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I did leap... for the price difference (and my skill level) I figured it was worth the try... doesn't diminish from the craftsmanship no matter what blank... although I did get a few funny looks when I was trying the new rods out in the basketball court the other day :eek: (was a little too cold to be doing it outside... and funny thing about line and rods, they actually do behave differently when it is 25 below...)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts