BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I'd appreciate any input as to what rod would be a good match for the daiwa 300l. What I'm looking for is a good all around rod that can handle everything from pinks to big springs. I'm assuming the 300 should be up to the task as well. Thanks!

· Registered
209 Posts
What's your budget? You could spend as little as $100 up to about $500 for a custom made jobbie.

· Registered
736 Posts
marooned said:
I don't want to go too crazy but I realize the importance of having a quality rod, especially with a reel like that. Are there any rods around $150 that would be suitable? Thanks for the reply
I have a Luna 300, love the reel. I have it matched with a Custom built Rainshadow. The rod was built by Striker. They seem to compliment each other very nicely. But I would also say the if you are just using it for Coho and Steelhead, I have heard some real good things about St.Croix rods. They are arould the Price point as well. Also might want to check out the Trophy Royale. ;)

· Registered
1,519 Posts
I have a light action St. Croix in that same series and love it! I would highly reccommend it. Plenty of performance for a very reasonable price! I would say that would be a good call on your part!

Hotrod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.