BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday at the vedder river at Borden Creek just above thurston Meadows me and my friend accidently in a rush forgot both of our rods. One was a shimano convergence matched with a Shimano Calcuta and the other was a Shimano Convergence matched with a Black 4" Hardy Conquest Center pin. Both we left side by side on the North side of the road. This happend at 2:00pm on Monday October 11th. To whomever has picked them up or if you know of the person that has we would greatly apprecite the return of our rods. They mean the world to us and both of us can not afford to replace the full value of these rods/reels and are deeply passionate about fishing. The Hardy Center Pin was a gift to me from a very good friend that has passed and has great sentimental value and i will give whatever i can to have it returned. The Calcuta was given to my friend from his father and also has great sentimental value. If you know of or have heard of anyone that has found these please please please please give us a call at the numbers below. We are putting everything we have together and have come up with a good cash reward to anyone who can return them and also a finders fee if anyone can locate them.

Cody @ 1-604-505-0353 or email @ [email protected] or call
Aiden @ 1-604-819-2235

I hope that the person who walked out of Borden creek and seen them there has a good heart and will return them, i wish that this never happens to anyone else and a reminder to check that you have everything before leaving the river, thank you to everyone for reading this post.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing yet..... wishing every minute that i get that call from the person who picked them up....

·
Registered
419 Posts
They might end up in a pawn shop.

Perhaps the person having them is illiterate or afraid of the size of the reward.

Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Mine ended up at the Abbotsford Flea Market about 18 months after they were stolen from the Meat Hole on the Vedder. The guy selling them told me he had bought them at a garage sale???

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Nothing yet..... wishing every minute that i get that call from the person who picked them up....
Try putting up a poster at Borden, lots of people tend to frequent the same spots over and over when fishing, maybe you will have luck this way. Could be the people who found them are not internet users and a poster would then be the best way to reach them.

My fingers are crossed for you and I hope it works out!

·
Registered
886 Posts
If I found these Rods and Reels on the flow and decided to keep them. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night let alone fish or sell them!

If the person who has found these items and reads this post. Do whats right and return them to their owners.

:cheers: sage

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone, still nothing yet, we posted about 50 laminated signs from the hatchery all the way to the vedder crossing and some at KWB. Also went out the weekend after and throughout the week and put flyers on every vehicle we seen from the limit hole down to the crossing. Im hoping they will show up, but being that it was a long weekend the person who picked them up may have been outta town.... but we"ll see... still have our fingers crossed. Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
For the amount of effort youre putting in I hope you get them back, Ill keep my eyes open for them if I see an ad some where.

·
Registered
93 Posts
They were obviously Stolen with no intension of returning. If I were to come across these 2 nice rods on the vedder, I would not touch them. If they happened to be there the next day, I would likely have took them home and posted it on a fishing forum, or dropped them off at freds tackle.

Good luck in your search for the rods. Just curious If you remember the cars that were still at borden creek when you left?

·
Registered
261 Posts
They were obviously Stolen with no intension of returning. If I were to come across these 2 nice rods on the vedder, I would not touch them. If they happened to be there the next day, I would likely have took them home and posted it on a fishing forum, or dropped them off at freds tackle.

Good luck in your search for the rods. Just curious If you remember the cars that were still at borden creek when you left?

That is a tough one...

If it was up here in the interior, I would leave them.

If I was down on the mainland...

I prolly would pick them up.

And post it on here.

That's all I know.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GOT OUR RODS BACK !!!!!! Recieved a phone call Saturday afternoon from a guy out in Abbotsford, was out fishing on Sat morning and his G/F was walking around and noticed the sign, took it off the tree and home with them and everything matched the descriptions ! Went out and met him right away, gave him the full reward and he was as happy as we were. Me and my buddy went straight to the river and both landed a few chrome coho's, jack spring, jack coho and many other boots. OMG did it ever feel good to cast my rod again, flet like a kid at Disney land ! thank you to everyone for your posts and comment. I hope that no one has to go through what we did. Remeber to check for everything before leaving the river, thank again!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
So this guy and his girlfriend went fishing and did not do anything out of there way to post at least one sign where they had found the rods? To give some attention of what they had found? They just held on to them, Slummy. If it wasnt for you posting that 500 dollar reward along with the posters, I dont think you would have got the rods back. Glad everything worked out for you.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats why we put the 500$ reward, if it wasn't for that im sure we wouldn't have gotten them back. 500$ is alot of money to most ppl including myself. But for me to have no spending money for a few weeks and still be able to go fishing its worth it, even if i couldnt buy hooks at least i can cast and still get that feeling from the drift ! lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dude , I can't believe you got your stuff back congrats. and here I was thinking you were on mission impossible, because of the amount of effort you put in to get it. goes to show i guess.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts