BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since last year i was flyfishing for Coho i was nailing them good on Blue christmas trees, also in the past got them good on blue blades as well so this got me thinking while chucking roe for coho i decided to buy this stuff and use it on my skeins of red spring roe i recently got. Not sure if it will work but its worth a try.

The stuff i got is called "BAD AZZ BAIT DYE" By Procure ! This stuff is a bit pricy 4oz jar for $21 Bucks, this stuff is very potent just a tiny sprinkle of this stuff turned the Roe blue Instantly

The Roe - I dyed it this colour then put them in a plastic container full of borax to do a borax cure on it
I only tried it on 2 skeins to see if it works that way i didnt waist the rest of my roe

Worth a try i guess, I got lots of roe that i can afford to try this on

:peace:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Re: Roe - Trying something different

Bet you it will work too :thumbup: I also had great luck last year on a massive blue kitimat spoon. The christmas tree and coho blue flies work wonders too. I also tried blue wool a few years back and beleive me it hook more than coho (whites love it and so do chums). Let us know how it goes, I found a great spot for springs/coho today by accident so I might be going there tomorrow for some spoon/fly chucking. :happy:

·
Registered
708 Posts

if you want to keep trying other different colors, you can get a pack of Pro Cure Natural and just mix whatever color of dye you want in with it. This way you get the curing power of Pro Cure along with the color of eggs you want. Just comething different than straight dyeing the eggs first and covering with Borax. I have been doing this for a while now and mixing some of the other colors for different looking bait.

·
Registered
166 Posts

I would like to know if those trying blue or purple colors, whether it be yarn,spinners, spoons, etc. are having any better luck with these colors when the water clarity is poor.

As many of you probably know, purple, blue, and greens are the last colors to be filtered out by the light spectrum. I.E. the fish see these colors in dirty or colored and deep water when oranage and red will appear black and go unnoticed by the fish.

I would appreciate anyones input with their experiences on this subject.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

I use blue spinners and they really seem to work well. It is just unfortunate that they are really hard to find.

·
Registered
517 Posts

flyguy said:
I use blue spinners and they really seem to work well. It is just unfortunate that they are really hard to find.
I do make my own spinners, and I always glue a bit of blue wool on it. It is a laborious thing to do, but it works ;)

Giuseppe

·
Registered
695 Posts

i've used various shades of red to orange on roe for fishing but never would of though of blue though :confused: i guess it would work as i've had some luck on blue rolled muddlers, worth a try .

·
Registered
355 Posts

OH OH everyone stay away from BLUE. :happy:

hmmmmmm bluesteele????? the name sort of gives it away.

Seriously guys BLUE to me is the bomb. Springs, Coho,Rainbow,Bulltrout and last but deadliest

STEELHEAD.

I first started to use blue back in 95 on the gold river it was my own fly that is all blue and it was deadly.
Still use the same fly today same luck. Also have used blue fox spinners with good results.

Anyhow Fishfreak let us know how it works for you. I am especially curious as to it's effect with steelhead???

Bluesteele

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

bluesteele said:
OH OH everyone stay away from BLUE. :happy:

hmmmmmm bluesteele????? the name sort of gives it away.

Seriously guys BLUE to me is the bomb. Springs, Coho,Rainbow,Bulltrout and last but deadliest

STEELHEAD.

I first started to use blue back in 95 on the gold river it was my own fly that is all blue and it was deadly.
Still use the same fly today same luck. Also have used blue fox spinners with good results.

Anyhow Fishfreak let us know how it works for you. I am especially curious as to it's effect with steelhead???

Bluesteele
No problem will do , iw ill be trying it this weekend and see what happens bit early yet but you never know

·
Registered
875 Posts

I found a sweet spot for me to start trying pretty quick, if not for ho's at least for springs :happy: The trout love it too :peace:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

PumpingIron said:
flyguy said:
Blue fox spinners. Its my go to for coho on spinners. Also like someone already mentioned blue wool works very well all alone.
I know blue wool works well. The spinners I am talking about where the ones that are colorado blades with blue on them. There was one store that carried them but no longer does. Fortunatly for me I bought the last ones they had so I still have a few :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts

you can buy the stuff to make Colorados yourself. A&N im pretty sure has blue blades and green and orange also. and the normal Gold and Silver also LOL

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

HOOK said:
you can buy the stuff to make Colorados yourself. A&N im pretty sure has blue blades and green and orange also. and the normal Gold and Silver also LOL
I cleaned out Army and Navy's blue blades the other day ;D unless they got more in

·
Registered
112 Posts

Try taking a colorado blade and heating it up with a Tiger torch, or small jet ligher. After the blade goes red hot, dunk it in a cup of cold water.. The outcome is that gas slick look to your blade, Works very well for coho and steelies.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts

nice one FF good to see your still cleaning them out regularly :cheers: just like last year when you bought all the pink lures they had LOL

Iron-Head - thanks for the tip

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.