BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Just wondering if it's worth using roe or a roe bag with a blade? Also, when fishing deep pools, say 20 feet or so, is it still worthwhile to short float?

3/16th's

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
When it's a bright day with clear low water it will be pretty hard to get them to take anything but
when the conditions are right , ie. cloudy skies,first light last light,rising water and slightly coloured,
the bite can turn on in an instant..... :2cents: Marko

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Like Marko said if the conditions are right and the mood should strike one should try what they feel confident about. Also be careful short floating in deép pools where salmon stack up as this can line fish.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
We should talk about lining fish as to hopefully avoid it. I was short floating some faster water
with a 23 1/4 in. leader and was worried that this was too long but after seing some of the other
setups it looked more like 19 3/4in long ?? ::) Anyways , no problam hookin up just worried about
the so called lining sinario. I guess this is a techneque to floss a fish by sight while they're sitting
still .....?? :beerchug: Marko

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
young gun said:
i use 30inch leaders all the time for alot of my fishing and find that it works fine.
I don't think it's the working part that we're concerned about YG. Keeping the leader short
give the angler better controll and placement of the offering. :beerchug: Marko

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Just add some beads to the blades and get the same effect. I never add roe to my blades. Always use straight blades. Tried adding a jenson egg in the Squiush last year and it did nothing so went back to the blade without and hat alot more hits!

Hotrod

·
Registered
44 Posts
Naked blades ;D ;D ;D.

I'm new to blades so they don't get much time on my line unless everyhting else is coming up empty. That usually means there are no fish, so blades don't usually change anything. I do want to get going on them. Are blue fox's the best way to get going, before going through all the work of building my own?

I notice lots of guys talking about colorado's. Any links as to how to put these together?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I seem to be getting a lot of Jacks, but no coho. Suggestions?

I fish mostly Roe, and seem to be getting all jack springs. Is this the water I'm fishing, the depth? Any help would be appreciated. I am getting a little frustrated by all the reports of coho, when all I get are springs. The good news is that it seems this year 1/2 the jack springs are red. Yummy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
2 weeks ago , tried Blue foxes in a lot of colors..nada..roe..nada fish, the i switched to a Gibbs Croc (orange with Black stripes and and after 2 casts a wild coho) depends on the day i guess and what others around you are using

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.