BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit Rolley Lake today
there was just a couple in a canoe and me in my u-tube
It was a great day out there water was so still, lots of fish rising and leaping
Managed to hook a few good size 12"+
I was mostly just crusing arround as i bought a fishfinder to use from my tube
and wanted to check out the drop offs etc
wow what a difference got to find out the best spots to fish and where not to bother
there were a few big fish on the radar too:shock:
and a few schools of fish
anyone else used a fish finder in the tube :?:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I prefer to use the old school method of finding fish, and as you must know by now just because you see fish on a screen don't mean that you are gonna catch them. I have been on lakes on days where the fish were everywhere on the finder but not so much as a nibble. I have also concluded that deep water doesn't allways make for more fish as a matter of fact I have found that even on the hottest of days some of my best fish were taken in the shallows.

But hey to each his own!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I use a finder on my tube but just to find the drop offs in a new lake, or to find the depth if I am using chronokids. I was up pat Rolley for the long weekend and got into a few using black chronomids with a red rib. also a #24 mosqito pattern in the evening worked like a charm.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just using it for the depths not to find fish 8)
As i was trolling mostly and my line is a long way away from where the fish finder would show fish(below me) :?
As lots of fish were rising i changed to a drey fly
I just loved getting a trout on a dry fly on the surface, one just nailed my fly, made me jump a bit :shock:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Fish Finder

I have been thinking about getting one for my tube :? What kind of fishfinder did you get Britguy?

Sounds like you had a nice day at Rolley 8)

-RC

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a portable Humminbird (fishfinder 535)
they had a deal on from the boat show

·
Registered
318 Posts
i also have a humminbird.works good for finding structure if you know how to read them.its also a gas watching a fish stalk your lure/fly.when i put it in the boat,the kids spend all day watching it instead of their rods.they miss strikes constantly but dont learn. :lol:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hit Rolley again today
Lots of guys out there
but it was slow
I hooked a couple of good size rainbows
and lots of small cutties in the morning
a few schools showed up on the finder but they were deep 14meters+
surface water temp was 18deg
I was getting the cutties on a dry fly
and went to a sinking line for the bows
I tried a red Cheronamid with a bite indicator and got one nice bow
then the next one broke my leader :?
the wind blow a bit now and then wich made for a lot of leg work :x
but still a nice day out 8)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Good report Britguy! What were the bows hitting on the sink line? Anything other than the red chronnie? I'm itchin' to go out...work is busy tho. Thanks again! Cheers! -Nathan in NW

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hit Rolley again today
Lots os fish rising
it was a bit breezy now and then sun one minute cloud the next :?

The Visa machine for the parking ticket ($3.00)was loked up and i had no money with me

i asked a park guy that was working there if it was ok for me to park there and he said no! :x

so i had to park out side the Park (sorry about all the parks) and walk in with all my gear.
will take cash next time :cry:

I got a few Bows and cutties on the dry fly, lots of fun :D

But i got my biggest (14inch and fat) on a black and green nymph ,floating line and slow troll

I tried casting a dry brown bug (not sure of name) and srtipping fast, causing a small wake the fish were chasing it and hitting it hard
fun to watch :D

lots of guys in tubes out there today 8)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was here last month. Still fished from shore. I only caught a brown bullhead at around 9pm. There were a few other people around in the evening along the shore and in boats. They didn't catch much either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts