BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to confess, I made a last minute executive decision and skipped work to go fishing !!

Feel better now confessing but ...........................I fished for 5 hours and didn't get a single hit all day.

I fished the mid and upper Wedder, but my lack of success shouldn't deter anyone from going out and giving it a shot because it is only my second time on the river and still trying to learn the water :wallbash: :wallbash:

Hey 5 hours of fishing without even catching a fish is better then one good hour at work :happy:

Cape R
PS and I like my job

· Registered
787 Posts
wish i could skip out on work to go fishing but my boss and his brother i work with and one of them works at reaction fly and tackle part time weekends fish as well so i think i would get busted pretty quick LOL !!

At least you got out there and tried, keep on trying and you will be rewarded !!! rememebr look for deep runs, structured runs where fish will hide, adjust your float so that your always about 1 foot off the bottom and keep casting and casting, you will get in to fish sooner or later

also try to use some good roe, if you dont have any try the berries bait roe, you can get it at most tackle shops and gas stations, the pro cured stuff, i have been usuing that stuff untill i get a collection of roe bullt up

· Registered
232 Posts
I fished the Vedder today to and have come to the conclusion that I don't like level wind reels. I think I will get a nice spincast for the river fishing, you should have seen the multiple birds nests I made! Anyway, I started out up near the kayak gates and saw a lot of sockey rolling around. Then I moved lower to lickman road with no luck. Nice day tho.

· Registered
787 Posts
scoopy said:
I fished the Vedder today to and have come to the conclusion that I don't like level wind reels. I think I will get a nice spincast for the river fishing, you should have seen the multiple birds nests I made! Anyway, I started out up near the kayak gates and saw a lot of sockey rolling around. Then I moved lower to lickman road with no luck. Nice day tho.
Get a centerpin !!! learn it, use it, and you will never go back

· Registered
334 Posts
I'm glad it wasn't just me. My friend and I were out for 7 hours today and had a combined total of one bite. Luckily that one bite translated into my first Spring. VERY slow fishing though. My friend will have to wait for his first Vedder salmon.

· Registered
273 Posts
FishFreak said:
scoopy said:
Hey fishfreak,tomorrow i am going to skip out from work and GO FISHING :D,And i will get a centerpin and see what it is all about :yummy: :thumbup:

· Registered
232 Posts
FishFreak said:
scoopy said:
I have been thinking of that also. Are they more user friendly than a levelwind? I actually know how to use a levelwind well enough, but today I just could not get it going! I will definitely try a centrepin.

· Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Guys I feel better now ..........

O ya I bought a Calcutta 400 , took me all winter practising but I'm slow :happy: but at least now I can get the hook in the water.

Yup went out to a field and casted but got the hang of it (come to think about it I caught as many fish too :wallbash:)

I will keep trying ................... thanks all for the encouragement ................ now I just have to find another way to skip work :naughty:

Cape R
PS; Skip a day of work and go fishing ......... you all deserve it ............... at least once

· Registered
1,461 Posts
scoopy said:
FishFreak said:
scoopy said:
I have been thinking of that also. Are they more user friendly than a levelwind? I actually know how to use a levelwind well enough, but today I just could not get it going! I will definitely try a centrepin.
I think its easier to use a level wind rather than a pin. All you have to do with a L/W is feather your thumb on the spool while casting, plus theres a drag system where all you have to do is hang on while the fish runs. Versus a pin, you need to preload your rod for casting, no drag system if a fish runs you better watch your knuckles LOL. Sure a pin is a lot less complex looking, but theres more to it than meets the eye.

· Registered
517 Posts
scoopy said:
Is it possible that you had a new line? This is what happened to me. After few days of casting the line gets fine and you learn easily to play with your thumb while casting.

Giuseppe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.